Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lazy Kind of Sunday

The past couple of days have been full of tension and stress. I've been trying to find some way of balancing the demands of family, school, life and writing.

Yesterday I felt as though my head were going to explode as I spent the day running from one errand to the next only to come home to race from one chore to the next. I wrote about one page at while my son was at soccer training. I spent the whole rest of the day with the next sentence hovering over my head like a comic book dialog balloon. By the time I was able to stop last night I was too tired to put two words together let alone a whole sentence.

I swore I would wake early this morning and set to work finishing this short story. The alarm went off at 5am and I rolled over and went back to sleep. My sons came up to the bedroom at 7am, climbed into my bed and we all went back to sleep for another two hours.

I started to feel that familiar knot of disappointment and frustration but instead of carrying it around, I tossed it aside. I took a shower and then went out to get breakfast for everyone instead of worrying about what to fix. And miraculously, I'm still feeling light and airy.

I took care of some chores and now I'm sitting down to get a little writing done. If only I could bottle this feeling of euphoria and keep it with me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment