Friday, January 28, 2011

The Little Moments

There are big moments in a parent's life. There are the firsts- first smile, first steps, first lost tooth. There are birthdays and graduations. There are photographs and video to commemorate these times. Hallmark has made a fortune from family milestones.

I enjoy the big moments but I live for the thousands of little moments... Like the one I'm having right now with my daughter, sitting on the couch watching re-runs of "The Office".

Everyone else is the house is sleeping except us. It's a Friday, the end of a long snowy week. There is a long list of things I could be doing right now, working on my novel, taking care of laundry or even working on finishing that damn blanket I started knitting more than four years ago. Instead, she's wearing her Wonder Woman Snugly I got her for Christmas and she's still my little girl, even if at fifteen she's taller than me. Her head rests on my knee and my dog is curled on my foot and we laugh at Michael and Dwight.

No comments:

Post a Comment